There is a key method that can be used for sticking to New Year’s Resolutions. They must be specific, measurable, and achievable, with a realistic and have a real deadline.
If you are looking forward to building a great spiritual life in the new year, you can start here:
- To read the Daily Readings
- To say morning and night prayers
- To abstain from buying luxury goods, or to spend money frivolously
- To endure with, provide comfort to and pray for a loved one undergoing suffering
- To cease arrogant or condescending attitude
- To spend time with the elderly in nursing homes weekly or monthly
- To volunteer your time and effort at soup kitchens daily, weekly, monthly
- To restore our dented relationship with family members or friends or neighbors
- To bring about peace among dueling family members, friends or neighbors
- To practice, display and discuss my faith openly in public schools and institutions although they will attempt to silence me.
Keep a journal of your successes and failures. You will be spiritually stronger if you try. Monitor on a monthly interval to analyze progress and take corrective measures – don’t monitor weekly as over monitoring can cause exasperation and discourage you.
Happy New Year and God Bless you! I hope you achieve whatever you set out to do.